BlueStacks has always been people’s choice when it comes to how to run your favorite android applications on your PC & MacOS. Through numerous detailed articles posted on our website, we have tried to cover various topics like how to download and install BlueStacks, a list of android emulators, the latest version of BlueStacks, and many more. However, after receiving a lot of reviews and comments from our users about the interruptions they face, we decided to dedicate a complete article on error 2318 which appears while uninstalling BlueStacks. On the bright side, it is not hard to fix the error and can be done easily.
What is BlueStacks Error Code 2318?
After receiving a lot of feedback from the users who were facing troubles while uninstalling BlueStacks, we researched on why error 2318 appears. It was being observed that error 2318 is caused because of the registry problems. We tried to reach to the core of the problem and found out that error occurs while manually uninstalling BlueStacks instead of uninstalling it from the control panel. There can be various reasons behind the cause of the error. Also, we cannot rule out the possibility of having malware or any virus in the system.
It is also been observed that in many cases, the error occurs due to incomplete uninstallation of the tool. There could be many other possibilities but our deduced solution works in all cases irrespective of the reasons that cause the occurrence of the error. Given below are the steps to be followed to fix BlueStacks error 2318. We completely assure you that fixing the error is not a huge task and can be fixed by following this simple procedure.
How to Fix BlueStacks error 2318
- Press Win+R and hold it together on the keyboard. The run window will open.
- Type Regedit in the Run window and hit enter.
- Look for BlueStacks App player. You can also search it by pressing and holding CTRL+F together on your keyboard.
- Delete BlueStacks from the following extension: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall.
- We highly advise you to back up the registry setting before initiating the procedure.
- Look for BlueStacks in Add or Remove Programs in the control center of your windows 10 pc. If no result shows up, it indicates that you have successfully uninstalled BlueStacks from your device.
As you can check that you can successfully uninstall BlueStacks without having to face error 2318. But it is important to keep the following things in mind:-
- The first step of the procedure is to fix the registry problems which can be the main cause of the error.
- Fixing the registry problem is quite an easy step and can be done without any guidance.
- To fix the registry problems, you can install and use any of the registry fixers. We recommend using CCleaner as it is a free tool and is easy to use. You can also do it by yourself or by picking any of the third-party programs to resolve the issue.
How to Install or Uninstall BlueStacks in Boot Environment
Instead of uninstalling the BlueStacks manually from the run window, you can also uninstall BlueStacks or can install the application in your device by performing the clean boot. It is estimated that it works in most of the cases and is preferred over manual uninstallation process. There are numerous methods to install or uninstall the BlueStacks app players in the clean boot environment which also eliminates all the issues faced while uninstalling the application. You can jump back to the normal mode once you fix the issues by reversing the clean boot environment // How to root bluestacks
Restart Windows Installer
A lot of interruptions can occur while installing the BlueStacks application with the window installer. This may happen due to the error in the window installer and is also known as an installation error. Installation errors can be fixed by restarting the device however the errors can sometimes cause hurdles while restarting the device. This also increases the chances of encountering the error 2318. Here are the steps that one must follow to avoid errors like error 2318.
- Open command prompt in the administrator window in windows 10 by pressing Win+X. Look for the command prompt after pressing it from your keyboard.
- Type the command given below by hitting enter after every command. The commands are
: % net stop msiserver
: % net start msiserver
- Once the commands are entered, move ahead by installing or uninstalling BlueStacks to ensure whether or not the same problem is occurring again.
How to fix malware and virus issues while resolving error 2318?
As we have already mentioned above, malware, virus, or any other malicious programs can be one of the main reasons behind the error 2318. Therefore, we highly recommend all the users to scan their PC for threats regularly to prevent any malicious program from invading the system. You can also kill the virus using any antivirus program and resolve the error 2318.
Hope you are now able to resolve the error 2318 which occurred while uninstalling BlueStacks from your windows 10 pc by following any of the method provided above. We would love to hear about your experiences. If you facing any other problems or errors then comment below and our technical team will review your problems and come up with the resolution. If this article helped then don’t forget to share it with the ones who are caught up with the issues and can be benefited from this article.